Friday, August 08, 2008

India's unending journey - Mark Tully

I have been reading a lot about India recently. For some yet unknown reason, I have had this strong desire to get to know India better. Maybe, business interests compel me to understand this country at a better level so that I can profit out of it or maybe my brief stint outside India has made me appreciate more, India's infinite beauty and uniqueness.

I was in the midst of reading Richard Dawkins' "God Delusion", when I decided to pick up "India's Unending Journey" - Mark Tully (IUJ). "God Delusion" was very "dry", lacking any human touch, lacking any spirituality. Although his reasoning is impressive, the world cannot be explained through reason alone. If the world ran on reason alone, we would all be ultra-materialistic loners.

Anyway, I don't even feel like discussing that book.

IUJ came to me at the right time. I have been grappling a lot with internal conflicts about

[These are posts which I started writing but never could finish and do not have the immediate interest in finishing. I am posting it nonetheless]

No comments: